Every product you see here has either been used by us or independently selected by (obsessive) editors. As an affiliate of Amazon, Anything purchased through our links may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you.
Contents On This Page
- 1 In A Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks Of The Best Swimsuits For Size 12
- 2 Best Swimsuits For Size 12 – What To Consider
- 3 Best Swimsuits For Size 12 Or Plus Size
- 3.1 1. Tutorutor Women Plus Size Swimsuits
- 3.2 Features
- 3.3 Product Description
- 3.4 Pros
- 3.5 Cons
- 3.6 2. Esprlia Plus Size Floral Print
- 3.7 Features
- 3.8 Product Description
- 3.9 Pros
- 3.10 Cons
- 3.11 3. Antsang Women Plus Size Swimsuits
- 3.12 Features
- 3.13 Product Descriptions
- 3.14 Pros
- 3.15 Cons
- 3.16 4. B2prity Women’s Tankini Plus Size Swimwear
- 3.17 Features
- 3.18 Product Description
- 3.19 Pros
- 3.20 Cons
- 3.21 5. Wavely Plus Size Women Swimwear
- 3.22 Feature
- 3.23 Product Description
- 3.24 Pros
- 3.25 Cons
- 3.26 6. Charfille Plus Size Halter Swimwear
- 3.27 Features
- 3.28 Product Description
- 3.29 7. In’voland Women Plus Size Ladies Swimsuit
- 3.30 Features
- 3.31 Product Description
- 3.32 Pros
- 3.33 Cons
- 3.34 8. Coastal Blue Women Plus Size Swimsuit
- 3.35 Features
- 3.36 Product Description
- 3.37 Pros
- 3.38 Cons
- 3.39 9. Coastal Women Plus Size Swimsuit
- 3.40 Features
- 3.41 Product Description
- 3.42 Pros
- 3.43 Best Swimsuits For Size 12 – The Take Home
Best Swimsuits For Size 12: Choosing a swimsuit can really pose to be difficult sometimes. When we have to consider our body sizes and what would suit our body shape, we lost the vibe to even go out or go online to search for that piece of the suit we know would fit.
Now, for plus size ladies, we’re here to place you on the right track in getting the best plus size swimwear. Before we forge ahead with some of the best swimsuits for size 12, let’s understand that as humans, we’re perfectly made. Along the line, we may start adding weight.
However, regardless of how we end up becoming, that shouldn’t stop one from rocking a swimsuit. We’ve got tons of swimsuits that have been manufactured for all sizes.
Go through these procedures to know the different categories of swimsuits you fall into and which one would be best for you.
In A Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks Of The Best Swimsuits For Size 12
- Tutorutor Women Plus Size Swimsuits – Most Stylish/Curves Enhancer Swimwear
- Charfille Plus Size Halter Swimwear – Most Budget-Friendly Swimwear
- Wavely Plus Size Women Swimwear – Most Flattering/Modest Coverage Swimwear
- Esprlia Plus Size Floral Print – Most Flattering Swimswear For Plus Size
- B2prity Women’s Tankini Plus Size Swimwear – Best For Concealing Big Tummy
- Coastal Blue Women Plus Size Swimsuit – Best One-Piece Swimsuit With Plain & Floral Prints Design
Best Swimsuits For Size 12 – What To Consider
1. Know Your Measurements
This is one challenge people find themselves in. They just go out or go online to get a swimsuit without knowing what their measurements are. This isn’t just about knowing your size, but also have a knowledge of the rest body sizes. Like the hips, waist, and bust.
You’ve got to know them so it doesn’t become difficult when picking suitable wear for you. Mind you, you’re to use a measuring type so that you are accurate in your measurements.
Secondly, you can judge the measurement from some of your old wears. Look through your wardrobes to check the previous suits you’ve worn or the suit you own. With this, you can get access to exactly the type of suit you would want to purchase over again.
You can tell if they were too loose or too tight or a bit smaller which in the long run can help you detect the next suit to acquire.
Now after checking out for your body sizes and taking the right measurements, you can proceed to look for the specifications and designs you will want to choose from.
- How To Add Padding To Swimsuit With Steps In 2020
- How To Cover Nipples When Swimming In 2020
- How To Hide Your Tummy In A Swimsuit Without Stress
- How To Fix Faded Swimsuit In 2020 (With Steps)
- How To Fix A Bathing Suit Top Too Big With Steps
- Best Bathing Suit To Hide Back Fat In 2021
What To Look For When Choosing A Swimsuits
We all know there are different types of swimsuits. Ranging from one piece down to two pieces, high waist, flounce, tankini, hipster, bikini and so on. These listed above are some of the most popular suits we know.
Now, it doesn’t just end there. We have to check out for their quality. We know quality matters a lot when it comes to clothing materials. Of course, we don’t want to wear something that wouldn’t serve us for a long period of time.
Aside from that, out of the numerous types of swimsuits, the fitting differs. Some of them may be free while others may hug the body like a second skin. Moreover, we also have different designs found at each point of the suit from the upper level, down to the hips.
1. The Tops
Are you the type that likes off-shoulder suits? Then you could settle for a suit with an off-shoulder. Please note that off-shoulder suits can either be plain or with ruffles. These ruffles can be found only at the uppermost part of the suit or placed down to the waistline.
We also have the angle or fluttery ruffles designs. So you know what you want and that is what you have to go for. The ruffles can be one-sided. From one arm of the suit down, with the other hand usually sleeveless.
Also, we have the bandeau. They can be likened to a bowtie with a knot at the middle of the suit. This strapless off-shoulder top can be good for plus size as well.
For the last off-shoulder top we’re gonna be treating is flounce. This adjustable crop top with one step ruffle should be considered for plus size ladies. Flounce is a special kind of design that has an exquisite look.
Let’s Look At Tops With Straps.
- Sometimes, they fasten around the neck region or across the shoulder. These straps are either thin or thick. Such tops are available for plus size. So you know, straps can also have ruffles.
Tops With High Neckline
- High neckline tops are a great style of top that can offer support to the body frame. It’s a way of covering the upper neck region of the body, giving us a beautiful look. If you find such design of top fancy or lovely, then you may want to consider a high neckline suit.
2. At The Waist Level
Do you fancy suits that are free at the waist or firm? Or with a band holding and supporting the bottom? Or tummy control or shirring suits?
At this stage, you should know what you ought to settle for. Your preference will determine which of the categories of suits you want to get.
For suits that have tummy control, they can be used to put into place our tummy. They act as coverage to bulging stomach. So in a way, they give you a curvy shape that you would so much admire. Do you want such a suit? Not to worry. You’ll see a few brands from the reviews below.
Shirring is suited that give you a gorgeous look especially at the waist region. They make a suit look so perfect on the human body. They help give you a curvy shape as though a waist trainer is being worn.
You can settle for a bikini suit where the waist is open and not covered. Or even suits with the tops reaching below the waist thereby, exposing the waistline.
3. At The Bottom Level
Bottoms With Skirts
- Swimsuits with skirts are pretty gorgeous. Besides the outer appearance of the skirt attached underneath is short. The shorts are more like a covering against the sensitive parts. These skirted suits can also give a really nice figure to your shape and help you keep your thigh in place with the shorts.
Bottoms With A High Waist
- Don’t you just love these high waist bottoms? Apparently, not everyone loves bottoms with a high waist. Like I keep saying, you know what is best for you. But a high waist does enhance our body’s looks. Please note, some of these have pants underneath them while others don’t.
Boy Short Bikini Bottoms
- Boy short bottoms are great fitting for plus size ladies. They’ll act as adequate coverage to our bum.
Note: All these styles are found in plus size. They are swimsuits that won’t reveal too much but ensuring they look super good on us so well. Now let’s dive straight to the reviews of some of the Trendy plus size swimsuits in the market.
Best Swimsuits For Size 12 Or Plus Size
1. Tutorutor Women Plus Size Swimsuits
Tutorutor high waist suit got to be a product that matches the expectations of all. With such suits, you’ll experience comfort in a new realm. This is beauty at its peak.
These suits are produced to not only control tummy via the tops but to endeavour that it serves its purpose of production. Who wouldn’t love it?
- One most prominent feature of this type of suit for plus size is the different materials that are used in producing them. It is found in polyester and spandex to which customers can choose their preference.
- The second feature is its flexible and stretchy nature of the suit. So it can be worn with a lot of ease without having struggles when putting it on.
- These two-piece swimsuits are of floral designs with outstanding and beautiful colours to compliment the suit. Alongside are ruffles found at the bust region with peplum.
- The suit bra can be removable and fixed whenever you deem fit. Isn’t this lovely? Here, the choice is yours to make.
- Let me hastily inform you that this suit will definitely bring out those little curves you’ve got in there. The tummy control that accompanies the suit will do just that for you. It doesn’t have to be too revealing to get a superb look.
- The last feature of this suit is that the manufacturers did not only put into consideration the beach aspect of the suit’s usage but made it in such a way that it can be worn for some specific occasions like holidays, surfacing, pool partying and so on.
- The bottom of the suit is 0.7 high, while the width is 14
- The plus-size measurements include; 1XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL.
- Found in different colours.
- Very flattering
- Bright colour
- Strong material
- The bottom is a little big
2. Esprlia Plus Size Floral Print
Esprlia swimsuits keep wowing thousands of people. This is a beautiful suit right here is wonderfully made to look gorgeous on plus size.
From the different floral print patterns, you don’t need anyone to tell you it’s of a great material meeting the desires of its customers.
- The first noticeable feature of this suit is the little triangle shape like design found at the tummy, with a 3 step design at the back. It makes it look adorable.
- The straps of the suit are non-adjusted. Even at that, they are quite comfy acting as a support to the bust region. The width is 2cm which makes it convenient on the skin.
- The fabric of the suits is of quality material such that they can be stretched over the body.
- This tankini suit will surely have an effect on our look. By look, I mean bringing your figure to display. This is a suit you’ll rock without having a second thought or not feeling comfortable in it.
- The suit is made up of 94% Polyester and 6% Spandex
- Perfect fit
- Maybe too big for small size ladies
3. Antsang Women Plus Size Swimsuits
Antsang suits are one of those suits you just need to slay that body on. This beauty right here is everything you’ll need to have a cool time at the beach with.
It’ll cling to your body showing just the right amount of skin needed. This two-piece suit will absolutely look fabulous on you.
- This suit speaks of quality. The materials are really gonna cause it to last for a long period of time.
- The comfortability of the suit from the top down to the short is something to love about Antsang suits. This will be cooler than you expected.
- With its backless design, you’ll be exposed to the cool air at the beach. Also, the top has ropes that can be tired at the back of one’s neck.
- Now, for your information, this suit comes with a padded push-up bra. Sounds great? That’s more like it. So you ain’t just gonna let your boobs down, but supporting them with the help of the push-up bra.
- For those who admire suits with complete coverage at the waist region, this is what you’ll love. This two-piece suit will make you feel really charming.
- The floral print dress is everything you dream of. It varies from sizes to sizes and not just for plus size ladies only. A look at this beauty will mesmerize you. The colours blend well to suit our banging body figure at the beach. This is to be considered.
- The good news here is this, the suit can not be used for swimming or hanging out at the beach alone. This can be worn for hiking, pool party or even an indoor party.
- The package includes a plus-size swimsuit x 1 + boyleg swim bottom x 1.
- The materials are made up of 80% Polyester and 20% Spandex
- Fits great
- Just 3 floral designs
4. B2prity Women’s Tankini Plus Size Swimwear
With the numerous floral designs produced by B2prity, trust me when I say you’re gonna fall in love with this suit right here.
The suit will provide the right fitting you desire. Very supportive and friendly to the skin. Though for plus size but it make you stand out.
- This suit has straps that can be adjusted to any adjustable length you feel would support the weight of the top on you.
- The suit has a wire bra pad in it to support the bust region down to the band as well.
- With the picture displayed above, you’ll see how relaxing and durable the boy short is when worn. Likewise, you’ll experience such when you purchase this product.
- The most tantalizing aspect of this suit is the ruffle design. The entire top is designed with 3 steps ruffles displaying the explicitness of its beauty. It can also conceal your tummy from protruding.
- For the shorts, they’ve got elastic bands that would make it cling to the waist so it doesn’t pull off. You can tan your body all over for the shorts do not get to your thigh.
- This is a multipurpose suit. It isn’t restricted to just the beach use alone but for other outdoor activities. It can be worn for volleyball, camping, swimming, running, the family pool party, vacation, and other water activities.
- The top is 0.7″ high
- The width is 1r”
- There are normal suit sizes ranging from S, M, L, XL.
- There are also plus sizes ranging from XXL to 18 Plus, 20 Plus, and 22 Plus.
- Fully lined bottoms
- High waist boy shorts
- No underwire
5. Wavely Plus Size Women Swimwear
Wavely company has been around for years. They are well known for their excellent production of swimwear that never fails to its customer’s expectations.
Waverly suit will serve for as long as you want to be provided you follow the instructions attached to the suits for washing and storing. I bet you wouldn’t want to let this slide away so as not to miss the charm and glow you’ll feel wearing this suit.
- The first attraction of this suit is the flounce design that comprises of the top. What a sight? The one-step ruffle enables the suit to be noticeable from afar of.
- Let’s go over to the adjustable suits. Like almost every review here, the same adjustable straps ascribe to this as well. They are placed to act as support and can be removed.
- Along with the top is a soft padding bra for the bust.
- Another feature is the different vibrant colours that give life to the suits. Beautiful is an understatement. They are gorgeous colours to give us that daring look we want. Who wouldn’t want to see a fierce lady looking awesome in their suits?
- The waist may be open, but the suit you’ll surely be flattering and striking.
- For lovers of a high waist bikini bottom, take a look at this suit again. Isn’t this what you’ll love to quickly acquire? The shirred high waist is also a tummy controller to hide that bulging tummy you don’t want to expose to the public.
- A great quality awaits you if you ever decide to try this suit out. The softness of the suit will keep you cozy at all times. If you feel that you want to rock it to a summer holiday, pool party or to any other occasion, then you go ahead and grab one now.
- The sizes include; L(US 12-14), XL(US 16), 16plus, 18 plus, 20 plus.
- Please refer to the detailed size chart below the product description before purchase.
- Perfect fit
- Figure flattering
- A bit small for large chested
6. Charfille Plus Size Halter Swimwear
Charfille will leave you gasping for more of its products. As pretty as this suit is, it will swipe you off your feet with its top-notch quality and skin-friendliness.
For history, Charfille has been into the production of women’s clothing for a decade. Serving the women world with yielded results over these 10 years. As a part of their goal, their clothing designs are produced to show the beauty of women around the world.
- It is made up of polyester and spandex such that it doesn’t get torn, worn out or less stretchy after some time.
- If one is to rub it on their skin, you’ll see how soft it actually is on the skin.
- The suit top comes with a tummy controller and padded bra. Getting worked up on how to keep the tummy from becoming visible wouldn’t be much of an issue, because this right here got you covered.
- The suit has a particular colour to bring you comfort and fitting. It is found plainly in Cherry printed design.
- The straps can be unstrapped or can be adjusted to whatever maximum comfort you’ll feel great in. They are adjusted so they can carry the support of the top thereby, keeping one’s figure in check.
- A suit for multi-purposes. Yes, you saw it right. This cherry design top can be used for a few other occasions like a workout, cruising, swimming and many more.
- The swimwear type is Tankini with a padded bra
- The materials used are polyester and spandex
- It comes with a wire-free support
- It’s a V neck Halter neckline
- The weight of the suit is 0.499 kg
- Included in the package are 1 top and 1 brief
7. In’voland Women Plus Size Ladies Swimsuit
Keeping up with trends has been the lifestyle of In’voland. They know just what you want need and then producing just the right quality and texture of suit that millions will so love. In’voland suits has been on ground for years. So they know exactly what this century would long for.
- The number one feature of this suit is the comfort that it offers from the texture of the material used in production through the lining.
- A common feature of this suit that is common with other suits are the removable padding. For those that wouldn’t mind taking it off, you can do just that.
- It’s a high waisted suit that would be able to give fitting to our figure. It hugs the waist perfectly well. High waist suits just have this exceptional look it gives to one when worn. Having a feeling to check it out? Please do and you won’t regret doing such.
- As always, expect to have a flattering look that would give you an aura of confidence. The thickness and draping of the material will be great on you.
- At the back of the suit top, is a clasp that you can tire to ensure the safety and support of your bust so you don’t end up having a nip slip at the beach.
- The material is made up of 85% nylon and 15% spandex.
- Great fitting
- Topnotch quality
- Bottoms may be a bit loose for small size ladies
8. Coastal Blue Women Plus Size Swimsuit
Coastal suits aren’t of the usual kind of suit. It has a unique style that isn’t peculiar to other suits. The one-piece suit has a high neck that supports one’s frame.
- The suit has an adjustable s-hook back closure.
- It has a power mesh lining
- It has different shades of plain and floral print design
- At the back of the suit are straps joined to suit with a little open-back design.
- The suit is made up of 77% Nylon, 23% Spandex; 88% Polyester and 12% Spandex
- Right cut
- Top cut could be too revealing for some.
9. Coastal Women Plus Size Swimsuit
I’ll repeat the same things I earlier said. Coastal suits aren’t your usual type of swimsuits. Their suit products will get you on your toes to go get a suit for yourself.
- It’s a one-piece suit with a shirred bodice that has an elegant look on the skin.
- It has cups that aren’t removable.
- It has a zip located at the bust region down to the mid-waist.
- Looking at the suit, you’ll see a criss-cross shoe-lace design.
- It is made up of 95% Polyester and 5% Spandex
- Fit at waist
Best Swimsuits For Size 12 – The Take Home
To conclude, going out of your way to get a swimsuit for plus 12 isn’t much of stress after all. As stated in the beginning, all it requires is knowing your exact size.
By exact size, we don’t mean getting just the measurements for a few places but getting the entire measurement of your body. Like the bust, waist, hip and thighs should be taken really seriously. They will determine what to sieve for when scanning through for a swimsuit.
With this, getting the right choice of the best plus size swimwear wouldn’t become much of stress again. Simply look at the different reviews of plus 12 swimsuits and choose the one that measures your measurements.