Every product you see here has either been used by us or independently selected by (obsessive) editors. As an affiliate of Amazon, Anything purchased through our links may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you.
Contents On This Page
- 1 What Are Nipple Covers
- 1.1 How Do You Stop Nipples From Showing Through A Bathing Suit?
- 1.2 Precautions To Be Taken On Nipple Covers
- 1.3 What To Look Out For When Purchasing A Nipple Cover
- 1.4 1. The Fabric
- 1.5 2. The Nipple Cover Gum Holder
- 1.6 3. The Outlook Of The Nipple Covers
- 1.7 Can I Wear A Bra Under Swimsuit?
- 1.8 1. Lack Of Support
- 1.9 2. Transparent Swimsuits
- 1.10 1. Inadequate Space In Your Suit
- 1.11 2. Exposure Of The Bra
- 1.12 3. The Fabric Of The Bra
- 1.13 5. Uneasy
- 1.14 How Can I Hide My Nipples Without A Bra?
- 1.15 Can I Wear Nipple Covers While Swimming?
- 1.16 How Long Can One Use Nipple Covers?
- 1.17 Wrapping Up On How To Cover Nipples When Swimming
How To Cover Nipples When Swimming: A nip-slip while swimming can lead to one going berserk throughout their day at the beach. If there’s one thing an individual should crave for, is being comfortable in our swimsuit without having embarrassing situations.
The nipples aren’t meant to be exposed at all cost. Aside from the fact that it isn’t just right for some persons, it’s exposure can put your bust at a huge risk. That’s a delicate part of the body that shouldn’t be exposed but covered properly.
Now, how does one cover their nipple when swimming? One should cover their nipples when swimming by wearing nipple covers.
What Are Nipple Covers
Nipple covers are what we use in covering our nipples. They are manufactured to hide the nipple itself from becoming open and, do give a smooth line to the bust when we put on clothes.
There’s something that is used to help keep them firmly underneath the clothes. They are called adhesive. Nevertheless, they can either be used once and disposed of or reusable for a period of time.
How Do You Stop Nipples From Showing Through A Bathing Suit?
The most appropriate way to stop your nipples from showing through a bathing suit is by wearing the nipple covers as aforementioned. If worn properly, then your nipples are safeguarded against the public.
For occasions like swimming, they’re worn to protect the nipples in situations where a bra isn’t needed at all. That doesn’t mean they can’t be worn with a bra. The nipple covers can be worn even with you wearing a bra. Your preference is what should be considered here.
We have other types of nipple covers known as the pasties. These pasties were manufactured in a way that they can be seen by all. Hence, they come in fanciful designs. It is made using a skin safe glue or two of side tape.
Precautions To Be Taken On Nipple Covers
- When you notice your skin suffers from sunburn or going through a rough stage, do not use nipple cover.
- Before applying the nipple covers on your nipples, first, run the test by trying it out all by yourself. The reason for this is that some persons may end up having reactions. So to be on a safer side, get the nipple covers and apply on a side of your arm that is without hair. Leave it for a while. If nothing happens, then there will be no reaction.
- You’re not to rub any substance on the skin before applying the covers. It is to be applied straight away such that there isn’t any difficulty in the nipple covers sticking to the skin.
- One disadvantage of this adhesive nipple cover is that it doesn’t stick to the skin when there is too much perspiration. So if you’re the type that sweats on a frequent basis, it means you’ll have to get another alternative, for these adhesive can loosen their grip when sweat comes in contact with it.
- Before the application of the cover, get a clean cloth and wipe the skin with it to remove dirt or oils that must have clung to your skin before placing them on it
- If ever you experience difficulties in removing it, get into a hot bath as this is one surer way of getting it out. Better still, you can soak in a hot bath before pulling out.
- The instant you’re taking the nipple covers off and you notice you’re having some residue around your skin that might be sticky, then you’ll be needing a baby oil and cotton wool to take it off completely. Simply dip the wool into the oil and rub it on your skin.
Read Also: Can You Wear Leggings In A Swimming Pool?
NOTE: Wearing nipple covers to swim is one invention we should be grateful to nature for. They’re advantages that come with using these covers. With it, you don’t have to worry about not getting a suntan on your skin. You definitely can now enjoy the rest of your day swimming.
- How To Stretch A Swimsuit Bottom (Step-By-Step Guide)
- How To Organize Bathing Suits (Step-By-Step Guide)
- How To Hide Your Tummy In A Swimsuit Without Stress
- How To Fix Faded Swimsuit In 2020 (With Steps)
- How To Add Padding To Swimsuit With Steps In 2020
- 6 Best Swimsuits For Size 12 Or Plus Size In 2020
- 11 Best Swimsuit For Big Thighs In 2020
- Best Swimsuits for Cellulite Thighs In 2020
What To Look Out For When Purchasing A Nipple Cover
The idea of a nipple cover is for safety. Swimming with that part of the skin exposure can cause harm to your body. It could be worse for those who are extremely sensitive. Such exposure to swimming can lead to rashes, irritation inflammation, wrinkles and even redness around the nipple. Hence, the need for a nipple cover is essential if you don’t want to experience all those red flags.
Now, how do you know the exact thing to purchase?
Picking the right choice of Nipple Covers at of the numerous out there is one hell of a decision to make. There are a lot of covers that serve different purposes. We do have some that are great for tanning. But the most important thing is choosing the best that wouldn’t cause any form of skin reaction.
So what do you look out for?
1. The Fabric
It is well known that most of the nipple covers we have are made of silicone. These silicone are resistant to water. Nor do they absorb UV rays. They are your best bet for better protection for the nipple. As for hotness, they don’t get hot in any way.
Now, if you want to get a nipple cover for the sole aim of swimming, then you’ll go for the nipple cover that can protect the nipple from water. Water shouldn’t penetrate into that part of the skin. Also, the silicone nipple cover mustn’t slip off.
However, one thing we should know is that if you’re looking for the right nipple cover to use as you tan your skin, then get the one that is way thicker than the rest. It is the right pick for the perfect sunless tanning.
We all have some of these tanning creams that are made up of bronzer which contributes to a quarter of the tan cream. In a bid to not let this tan cream come close to your nipple so you don’t start having rashes and the likes, the need for the nipple cover is very necessary.
2. The Nipple Cover Gum Holder
This can also be referred to as the adhesive. For the nipple cover holder, we sure have to be certain that what is keeping them glued together does not loosen up. But what’s the guarantee that this cover won’t fall off, or what’s the assurance that water won’t sip through it? These will be known the instant you enter into the pool or lay on your tanning bed.
The only way to get past this is by getting a substitute. And what is this substitute? It’s the use of an extra double-sided tape that is plainly for nipple covers. They are what you can use to hold down the cover to your nipple to avoid it falling out of place.
Read Also: How To Protect Hair When Swimming EveryDay
3. The Outlook Of The Nipple Covers
If you noticed, the outlook of the nipple covers differs. The covers are manufactured to meet the various expectations of all. They can be found in numerous shades and types for all skin colours.
There’s no worrying over a particular cover that won’t blend. You can get any that would effortlessly blend with your skin colour.
The nipple covers are of different variants of colours that you’ll definitely fall in love with. The most important thing is choosing the cover that would best suit you and you’ll feel so great in them.
I’d advise you to go for nipple covers that would conceal your looks such that, you cover isn’t glaring to the world after wearing it under your swimming suit. So a seamless colour wouldn’t be a bad choice to try on.
Can I Wear A Bra Under Swimsuit?
The question of wearing a bra underneath a swimsuit is subjective to everyone. But the answer is No. You simply can’t wear a bra underneath your suit.
First, hundreds of people put on a bra under their swimsuit for some couple of reasons which are;
1. Lack Of Support
Lack of support from our swimming suits can lead to such. We all can attest to the fact that most suits are not produced to offer firm support around our bust region. The fabrics aren’t of great material like our clothes, with little tiny strips and bust cups that do nothing to hold our bust.
2. Transparent Swimsuits
There are swimsuits that may expose our sensitive parts. You put them on and they show more than enough especially the bust region during swimming.
But looking at this from a different angle, should one put on a bra under a swimsuit?
As stated above, those reasons can cause people to wear a bra to the pool. Even if you must wear one, there are some factors that must be deeply looked into before making the decision of wanting to wear a bra.
For instance, wearing a regular bra which is worn with our clothes shouldn’t be worn underneath the bra for the following reasons;
1. Inadequate Space In Your Suit
Swimming suits are known not to be free but to be tight such that they give fitting to one’s body. If you are to put on a bra in such a condition, then it would be inappropriate by means of your bra causing a bulge and making you look so out of place.
2. Exposure Of The Bra
Another reason why you really shouldn’t consider wearing a bra to swimming is that the bra could be exposed thereby, giving the world a view of the bra you’ve worn. It doesn’t matter if it’s a strapless bra or not.
3. The Fabric Of The Bra
It isn’t news that swimming suits are made up of materials that ain’t overly thick but light aiding fast drying. They are designed in ways that when you go in and out of the pool, your suit can easily dry up without much ado.
Now, imagine you wearing a bra knowing bra are made of thick fabrics. The probability of a bra drying as fast as the suit you wear is zero. It takes quite a long time for them to dry and at such, you’ll have to go around with sort of a wet patch at the bust region due to the bra not getting dried on time.
4. The Effect Of Chlorine On The Suit
Chlorine is used to keep swimming pools from harmful bacteria and the likes. It can affect the durability of a suit hence, most companies produce swimwears that are chlorine resistance so to prolong the life of the suit. Wearing a bra to swim can be damaged by the effect of the chlorine on the bra causing it to break down quickly as you least expected.
For the sake of the love I have for you, I’d would suggest you don’t go swimming with a bra. The amount of uneasiness you are going to feel will wreck your body. It could also restrict you from doing certain things like playing with the sand with family or with kids. The bottom line is, you’ll feel uneasy at the pool.
How Can I Hide My Nipples Without A Bra?
You can hide your nipples without wearing a bra with a nipple cover as mentioned at the beginning of this write-up.
Nipple covers can be found in beauty shops and in different shades. All you need do is look for the one that would blend with your skin colour. Wear it on the nipple before wearing your swimsuit to conceal the nipples.
Can I Wear Nipple Covers While Swimming?
Absolutely. You don’t have to worry about the covers falling off while swimming. Nipple covers can stay on for as long as you are ready to take it off.
How Long Can One Use Nipple Covers?
Wearing silicone nipple covers is estimated to last for about four to six hours in a stretch. When you’re done wearing them, take the covers off and wash with soap, then air dry.
You don’t have to dispose them. You can use them over and over again till they are worn out totally. The best is getting more than one nipple cover so you can switch at intervals.
Wrapping Up On How To Cover Nipples When Swimming
Using nipple covers when swimming is the best method to hide your nipples. Gone were the days where Bra was worn to swim. The advent of this 21st century has paved the way for advanced things.
You want one of these now, then go to beauty shops or online shops to purchase one for yourself.